Teampel's task reminder feature supports email. If your team uses email reminder for tasks, you should set up a system mailbox responsible for sending emails to the task leader in "Mail service". Requires a valid system mailbox which has SMTP enabled.
If you are not using a Gmail account, please see: How can I set up a system email address to link to the email service?
Set up system mailbox
- Select "Service" > "Mail service";
- Enter "SMTP server domain name", "Sender mailbox" and "Password" as instructed:
- Gmail SMTP server domain name: smtp.gmail.com.
- Sender’s Gmail account: such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Password: [Notes] not your Gmail account password, but your Gmail “App Passwords”, see below for detail instructions.
- Select email language;
- For Gmail users, must check "Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)";
- Click "Save" to finish.
*Get your Gmail “App Passwords”
- Go to your Google Account.
- Select Security.
- Under "Signing in to Google," select App Passwords. You may need to sign in. If you don’t have this option, it might be because:
- 2-Step Verification is not set up for your account.
- 2-Step Verification is only set up for security keys.
- Your account is through work, school, or other organization.
- You turned on Advanced Protection.
- At the bottom, choose Select app and choose the app you using > Select device and choose the device you’re using > Generate.
- Follow the instructions to enter the App Password. The App Password is the 16-character code in the yellow bar on your device.
- Copy your App Password and paste it to the “Password” field.
Tip: Most of the time, you’ll only have to enter an App Password once per app or device, so don’t worry about memorizing it.
Test email settings
Click "Send test email message" (this address will send an email to itself). Open a mail client and sign in with the email address you created. Receiving the test email message indicates setup success.